Waterproof Splash Blanket™ - Black on Black The OG
The Splash Blanket has completely revolutionised how we experience life's messy spills, in and out of the bedroom. Each blanket is 100% waterproof, double-sided, absorbent and available in a range of fabrics, styles, colours and sizes. Durable and machine washable, the Splash Blanket makes cleanup quick and easy and protects your surfaces from a range of liquid leaks.
Launched in 2020 by Australian intimate wellness entrepreneur Rosie Rees, Splash Blanket has put luxury waterproof furnishings on the map and continues to be at the forefront of designing and manufacturing versatile, durable, waterproof products servicing the intimate wellness sector as well as the pets & baby market.
Splash Blankets are available in a variety of fabrics - both natural and synthetic - with new styles dropping every 6-12 months. To read more about their temperature index click here.
The OG blanket is thick, plush, cosy and completely waterproof on both sides. One side features our signature smooth micro-velvet fabric and the other side has fluffy hydrophilic sherpa fleece; the ultimate throw for soaking up big spills. Considered the most absorbent of all Splash Blanket styles, the OG is also ultra warm, snuggly and can hold up to a litre of liquid. Shop the full OG collection.
The Double Veluxe Splash Blanket is sleek, stylish and the thinnest plush style in the range. Both sides feature the signature hydrophobic, water-repellent micro-velvet fabric with a blended waterproof technology making it leak-proof on both sides. Depending on the amount of liquid spilt, it tends to bead on top rather than absorbing like the OG. If you’re looking for extra absorbency opt for a thicker blanket, but if you’re chasing a lighter, thinner option that remains 100% waterproof but also more compatible for travel or storage - the double veluxe ticks the box. Shop the full Double Veluxe collection.
The Bamboo style is luxuriously smooth, breathable and temperature-regulating all year long. Described more effectively as a “mat”, the Bamboo Splash Blanket is the ultimate waterproof covering to protect any bed, couch or floor surface. Made of a blended bamboo viscose fabric, it is absorbent, soft and incorporates natural fibres into your home soft furnishings. Shop the full bamboo collection.
Quilted Fleece is a limited edition Splash Blanket that features a velvety smooth material on one side and an extra soft waffle-style fleece on the other. Lightweight, versatile and best for indoor or outdoor activities as it doesn’t catch leaves or sticks. Shop the full quilted range.
Travel: 50cm x 75cm (19 x 29 inches)
Best described as the size of a baby-change table, this small yet handy waterproof blanket can be used in a multitude of ways such as protecting your car seats, couch covers, bedding or floor surfaces from any spills, leaks or stains. Think: quick clean ups post sexy time, protecting your clothes from breast milk throw up over the shoulder and couch protection when you’re bleeding.
Extra Small Round: 1m x 1m (40in x 40in)
Shaped in a round circle, this XS size Splash Blanket is perfect for regular use as it washes quick & dries fast. Since it’s so small it can fit easily in your suitcase for travel, and is also ideal for pets, babies or any regular messy antics.
Small: 1.2m x 1.2m (47in x 47in)
Although this is described as a “small”, its generous sizing makes it perfect for use in the bedroom, on the couch or as an indoors picnic blanket on the floor.
Medium: 1.2m x 2m (47in x 78.5in)
Best described as a similar shape and size of a single bed, the medium blanket can fit most (tall) bodies length ways, making it an effective blanket for full body massages (hello oil spills), plenty of rolling around on the bed or cuddling up on the couch. Doubles as a functional throw for the end of your bed!
Large: 2m x 2m (78.5in x 78.5in)
The large size blanket offers maximum coverage. Doubling as an innocuous bed or couch throw, the blanket fits best over the size of a Queen size bed and transforms into an epic sex blanket, camping blanket or even plush bedspread in winter. You do you!
Jumbo: 2.3m x 2.3m (90.5in x 90.5in)
The jumbo size blanket offers an oversized waterproof blanket to cover most King, Super King and California King beds. The jumbo size will not just lay flat across the bed but actually tuck in or fall over the sides of the mattress, unlike the large size.
We love colour! We try to cater for most people by offering a range of shades and tones to suit any household, with new colour drops are released every 3-6 months. Here’s a helpful description of each colour. Please note some colours will be faded out and may not be available for purchase.
Black on Black: Classic straight-up black-on-black.
Bluebelle: A mid-tone baby blue.
Burnt Orange: A medium-to-dark shade of orange with a touch of cinnamon.
Champagne: A neutral, beige-like shade of bubbles that throws a silver finish.
Cherry Blossom: A cute, soft shade of baby pink.
Chocolate Brown: A rich yet warm shade of cacao or dark chocolate.
Cloud: A neutral, warm shade of cream.
Gold Mustard: Warm & inviting regal gold with a touch of culinary mustard.
Emerald Green: A deep, rich dark green that throws teal and sea-like oceanic shades.
Latte: A caramel, coffee shade of light brown.
Lavender Mist: A soft, gentle, light shade of lavender purple.
Moon Blood: An indulgent wine-red hue with deep, burgundy, maroon tones.
Mulberry: A deep shade of dusty magenta with a grape, raspberry richness.
Olive: A mid-tone green with an earthy, olive undertone.
Purple Smoke: A dusty purple colour with deep lavender tones.
Rose Quartz: A warm, dusty pink.
Sage: A neutral, warm, mid-tone dusty green. Soft and subtle.
Snowflake: Crisp, classic white-on-white.
Stormy: Sultry, dark charcoal with a silver finish.
Tasmanian Navy: A deep-sea dark navy blue that may seem almost black at first sight.
How Much Liquid Can the Blanket Hold?
The Splash Blanket can hold up to a litre of liquid. Unlike many waterproof mats where the liquid pools on top, Splash Blankets absorb and contain the liquid, protecting your surfaces underneath. Depending on the size of the blanket, it may hold a lot more than one litre! The OG and DV blankets are also stain proof, making them a practical necessity for free bleeding, birthing and other messy activities.
- Wash your blanket on a regular washing cycle - just like you would wash your towels or sheets with a fast spin cycle
- Do not wash on a delicate cycle as it will become heavy and waterlogged.
- Select a cool or warm water setting and avoid using an extra hot water wash.
- Dry your blanket in the tumble dryer for no longer than 30 minutes (to avoid melting the waterproof film) or hang out on the washing line in the sunshine.
- To remove stubborn stains, use a gentle, eco stain remover.
- Avoid using bleach or fabric softener.
What Makes It Waterproof?
Splash Blankets are bonded* with a waterproof internal layer making it waterproof and absorbent on both sides. The waterproof layer is made of 100% recycled Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU), which makes both sides of the blanket waterproof and absorbent.
The TPU is a non-toxic, BPA-free and a 100% food-grade safe material that does not contain any chemicals that interfere with the endocrine or hormone system.
* A selection of the styles have the waterproof layer bonded together, whilst others have the waterproof layer internally separate to the other side of the fabric.
- Avoiding the dreaded "wet patch" during intimacy with a partner or solo
- Free bleeding blanket during those menstrual cycles when you don't want to wear a tampon, menstrual cup or period undies
- Incontinence or bed wetting
- Baby blanket for free-nappy time
- Birth blanket and postpartum recovery
- Pet comfort blanket
Your blanket, when cared for properly, can last many years, however not all good things last forever. Depending on how often you use it and how you wash your blanket, the waterproof functionality can last approximately one year.
Please read our disclaimers to familiarize yourself with the care instructions. We are continually innovating and improving the waterproof technology and the materials used, including synthetic and natural fibres.
- If you dry your Splash Blanket in the tumble dryer for too long (over 30 minutes) it may melt the inner TPU layer, deeming the blanket crunchy and ineffective. Please follow our strict wash instructions to avoid this from happening.
- Your Splash Blanket may carry a scent if you a) wash on a delicate wash b) don’t use enough washing detergent c) don’t dry it effectively. Do not add vinegar or fabric softener. Instead wash on a long warm wash with a fast spin cycle and dry in the sunshine.
- Due to the nature of Splash Blankets being washed so regularly, there may be general wear and tear of the blanket due to the vigorous nature of washing machines. Most blankets will remain waterproof for many years, however some may lose their waterproof efficiency after 12 months of regular use.
- It is normal to hear some audible sound after washing your Splash Blanket as it contains a 100% recycled plastic Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) waterproof layer, which is bonded to the fabric inside of the blanket. If you have dried your blanket in the dryer for longer than 30 minutes, it may have melted the TPU layer, which creates a crunchy sound. Please follow our strict washing instructions.
- Although your pets will love the Splash Blanket, animals (especially cats) have a tendency of piercing or ripping the material whilst kneading the fabric, deeming the waterproof functionality ineffective.
- If you intend to use your Splash Blanket regularly, meaning also washing it regularly, we suggest opting for smaller size blankets as they are smaller/easier to wash and quicker to dry. Having several Splash Blankets on hand for rotation is ideal.
- Depending on production time, some Splash Blankets may come with a material waterproof carry bag and others will be in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag (recycled plastic). We apologise if the packaging isn’t what you anticipated. We are continuously improving and innovating our packaging to be both useful and environmentally friendly.
- Some colours may appear different online vs in-person. Please be aware that depending on your phone or computer screen settings, some colours may appear darker or lighter than how the blanket actually looks.
- You may notice some Splash Blankets have the material bonded together and others have the material separate. Both styles are equally effective as a waterproof blanket.
Since Splash Blanket is a global company, there are four different websites for customers to order from, each with their own local distribution centre. Click on the links below for each shipping policy per store/location:
Shipping policy AU/NZ:
Shipping policy US/Canada:
Shipping policy UK:
Shipping policy EU:
Parcels are discreetly packaged and dispatched from the local distribution centre within 1-3 days of receiving the order (excluding pre-orders).
For domestic deliveries in Australia:
- Standard: Allow 2-6 business days for delivery once dispatched.
- Express: Allow 1-3 business days for delivery once dispatched.
For international orders:
- DHL Express: Transit time varies but typically between 2 to 10 business days.
- AusPost: Delivery times can take anywhere between 9 to 25 business days.
*Please note that choosing express postage refers to the shipping method and does not mean immediate dispatch.
For information regarding tracking your order, order changes or customs taxes please click here.
What does "pre-order" mean?
If your order contains items marked as ‘pre-order’, it means these items are not in stock, and we are waiting for new stock to arrive at our warehouse. Please refer to your order confirmation for estimated dispatch dates, which are subject to change based on supplier shipping status.
To avoid multiple shipping fees, all items will ship altogether only when the pre-order item is ready to be dispatched. If you wish to split your shipment please email us at email@example.com to arrange a second shipping fee for in-stock items.
Socials & Become an Affiliate
Innovative Waterproof Technology
All Splash Blankets, fitted sheets & robes are 100% waterproof, absorbent and double-sided.
So many options, so little time!
Whether you're chasing a fleecy snuggle blanket, a velvety smooth throw, a bamboo mat or a cosy robe - we got you covered **and protected**.
All Splash products are machine washable, meaning you can make a mess, wash it (just like you wash your towels) and line dry or pop in the dryer for no more than 30 minutes.